The City of Fayetteville provides one free bulky waste pick-up to residents of single-family and duplex homes once per year. This service is to handle large furniture, appliances, and brush/tree limbs, items too large to fit in a normal trash cart for service. Items may not be in a bag or box. Only one category type of items may be selected for curbside bulky waste pick-up.
You can opt to forfeit your free curbside pick-up and, instead, bring up to five accepted items from multiple categories to the Transfer Station for free along with your current water bill. Additional bulky waste pick-ups of up to five items within the same category can be scheduled for $45 plus tax.
To schedule a pick-up at your home in Fayetteville, please call the Recycling and Trash Collection Division. See below for Rules and Regulations on setting out Bulky Waste for curbside collection.
- Businesses, apartments, condos, mobile homes, multi-unit complexes (includes 3 or more units), non-profits, and industrial are excluded from this free service.
- Electronic waste, such as computers and televisions, are not accepted with bulk collections and should be taken to the Boston Mountain Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center located at 2721 S Brink Dr, Fayetteville, 72701.
- All Freon appliances and parts can be picked up at curbside by scheduling an appointment and paying a per unit recovery fee. This recovery fee is for all units regardless if Freon compressors have been removed.
Rules and Regulations:
- Items must be placed out by 5:00 a.m. on the day of collection. Placing out the night before is recommended, but no more than 12 hours prior to collection.
- Items must be placed within 5-6 feet of the curbside, no alleys or side streets please. We will not collect materials directly from inside your home.
- Do not place directly under power lines or tree limbs or within 4 feet of any other object or collection materials on the ground.
- Please do not block the right-of-way in streets, sidewalks, or in ditch lines.
- Please place material on the ground.
- Only items placed at curbside and scheduled will be removed. We are not responsible for any materials left at curbside not intended for removal.
Acceptable Categories and Items:Bulky waste is divided into three categories for collection: Household, Metal, and Yard Waste. You may dispose of up to five items within the same category per free bulky waste pick-up. If you have multiple items in different categories, these must be picked up on different days. Therefore, only one of those pick-ups will be free (per year). Bulk is different from regular yard waste schedules, please call for placement instructions.
1. Bulk Household Items
- Artificial Christmas trees
- Chairs and couches
- Entertainment centers
- Hot tub covers
- Landscape timbers (10 only)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Sinks and tubs (excluding cast iron)
- Lawn furniture
- Doors - no glass
- Swing sets - wooden only
- Building materials (limited)
- Carpet (3 - 6'x6' rolls)
Excludes tires, trash bags, cardboard boxes full of debris or packing paper, cast iron tubs, toilets, and sinks, electronics, hazardous materials, railroad ties, tree stumps, treated lumber, and concrete-slabs.
2. Bulk Metal
- Major appliances
- Lawnmowers, weed eaters, and tillers
- Mailboxes and poles (all concrete must be removed)
- Old metal trash cans (must be empty)
Excludes air conditioners, water coolers, freezers, refrigerators, tire rims, and electronics.
3. Bulk Brush*
- Tree limbs
Excludes dirt, food waste, plastic bags, rock, sludge, and sod.
*There is a maximum of 12 feet in length and 6 inches in diameter per limb. There is a limit of 3 standard pick-up truck size loads. If you have less than one truck load of brush and or tree limbs, please prepare the items for yard waste pick up or bring to the Compost Facility for disposal.
Recycling & Trash Collection
Residential services, General Information
1560 S. Happy Hollow Road
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Email the Division
Commercial Service RepresentativeCommercial & Roll off services
Waste Reduction CoordinatorEducation, Business Recycling
Boston Mountain Solid Waste District accepts hazardous waste items as well as provides a bulky waste program for residents of the two county district (Madison and Washington Counties). Call 479-846-3005 for information on fees, locations, and/or to schedule a collection.